Chicken Poop Management 101 from 2014 pretty much covers the basics.
Deep litter management or what I prefer to call built-up litter management has bonuses on the urban homestead
Why Deep Litter Management or Built-up Litter Management?
- Composting happens in the run so no special huge composting set-up is required.
- Built-up litter requires nearly no time to manage enabling busy 9-5 folks to still holistically manage the hen house and run.
- Built-up litter that is managed well is healthy for the flock.
- Built-up litter supports the good microbes while keeping the bad ones at bay.
- Built-up litter is ready or nearly ready for use after composting so it provides a valuable source of organic material for gardens.
- Built-up is more fun and healthy for the flock to scratch and find treasures.
- Special thanks to Dale, Nia, and Steph for all the love and support!
- Raleigh, the guy I love to hate when it comes to all things internet.
- Aaron Glasson, Permaculture Velocity logo
- Music: Tell Somebody by Alex Beroza featuring AdmiralBob, digccmixter, licensed underCreative Commons 3.0
- And to all those podcasters out there sharing good information on podcasting for those of us just getting going with this podcast thing! Thank you!